About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Silver Tinsel Christmas Tree's

This show's my age... How many of you remember the Silver Tinsel Christmas Tree's with the color spinning wheel???  I always loved to lay on the couch and watch the silver change slowly to Green, Blue, Orange, and then Red. And we had these gorgeous little bubble lights too.  A blast from the past... reminded me the other day when I was looking online for Christmas Tree's and one of the local store's had Tinsel Tree's.  See if you keep things long enough they come back around.  I use to think it was the most beautiful thing in the world.  My dad was way ahead of his time decorating the outside.  He had his home made wooden panel's of Santa and his sleigh the size of a truck...  Those bulbs he used where huge too and the neighborhood kids would come and steal them.  Would piss him off royally!  LOL Gotta love Daddy... I miss his little quirks so.  Merry Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment