About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Diva's Aunty's Pumpkin Cheese Cake Bars

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Pumpkin cheese Cake Bars
Inspiration:  This recipe was from the Rutz Family Cookbook by Aunt Audrey.  My Aunty I posted about up above.
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
5 TB butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 8oz softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
1~1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
Instructions: 
Combine flour and brown sugar.  Mix in butter to make a crumb mixture.  Stir in pecans.  Set aside 3/4 cup of mixture for topping.  Press remaining into an 8x8 baking pan.  Bake @ 350 degrees F for 15 mins and cool.  Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, spices and vanilla.  Blend until smooth.  Pour over baked crust.  Sprinkle with reserved topping.  Bake an additional 30~35 mins.  Cool and cut into bars.
Variation:  Can be topped with cool Whip.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment