About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Diva's EggNog

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Holiday cheer Eggnog
Inspiration:  I have always enjoyed Eggnog and store bought is only available during the holidays.  Here is a recipe I have had for years.  

Ingredients:
4 eggs, separated
1~1/2 cups milk
1~1/2 cups whiskey
1 cup cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum
couple sprinkles of nutmeg spice
Instructions:
In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks.  While mixing; slowly add half of the sugar.  Set aside and repeat the process with the egg whites and remaining sugar.  Beat until stiff.  Combine both egg mixtures and continue to beat on a slow setting.
Stir in the rum, then the milk, then the whiskey and half the cream.  In a separate bowl whip remaining cream and gently fold into egg mixture.  

Variation:  Ladle room temperature eggnog into cups and sprinkle with eggnog.
If you have any left over's and I say If... you can use it in the morning for french toast or pancakes.  Just substitute the eggnog for the milk.
Yields 8 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment