About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Diva's Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
  Garlic Mashed Potatoes 



Inspiration from:  My family loves garlic and these potatoes are very creamy and addictive...


Ingredients
8 medium red potatoes, cut up
(leave skins on)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 Cup butter

1/4 Cup half and half

salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
Directions

Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon of the crushed garlic to the water for flavor. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.

Drain the potatoes, and add the butter. Mash until the butter is melted. Mix in the half-and-half, parsley, garlic powder and remaining garlic. Mix potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth.


Variations

Will Serve 4-6 people

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment