About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Diva's Home made Kahlua

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
   Kahlua  



Inspiration from:  This was made during the holidays by my step-mom Judi.  It always smelled so good cooking.  If you like coffee, you will like the taste of this drink.  It also makes wonderful desserts that I will post later.


Ingredients
1 quart of Vodka
6 heaping tsp of instant coffee
(we liked Yuban, its a Columbian mix)
1 1/8 Cup Sugar


1 1/2 Cup Water
1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions

Boil water and add coffee and sugar til dissolved.  Cool and add Vodka and vanilla.  Stir and let sit at least an hour.  Ready for bottling.


Variations


Makes really pretty gifts wrapped in a bow for Christmas.  Also tastes great heated and topped with whipped cream and chocolate for that cold winter evening.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment