About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Diva's Peanut Butter Popcorn

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Peanut Butter Popcorn
Inspiration:  I found this recipe in a church cookbook years ago back in Nebraska. It was my family church that I grew up in.  Federated Church in Mitchell, NE.  I love anything peanut butter.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
20 large marshmallows
1/4 cup peanut butter
10 cups popped popcorn or 2 bags microwave popcorn
Instructions:
Put popped popcorn in a large bowl.  Make sure you sort out the old maids.  Melt margarine, brown sugar and marshmallows in the microwave.  Cook at 1 minute intervals stirring each time and until all is melted and smooth.  While hot, stir in peanut butter and quickly pour over popcorn.  Stir to coat.  Can be made into popcorn balls or spread on a cookie sheet to cool and then broken in to pieces.

Variation:  You can become very creative with this recipe.  Add mini chocolate chips, mini M&M's, pretzels, nuts, raisins, or just drizzle chocolate over the top. Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment