About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Diva's Fruit Pizza

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Fruit Pizza
Inspiration:  My kids loved this when they were growing up.  Great for parties!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
2~1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar


Fruit cut up of your choice.
________
frosting:
1 8oz cream cheese
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sugar

Instructions:
Cream together first 6 ingredients.  In a large bowl, shift together dry ingredients.  Fold in creamed ingredients and stir well.  Press dough into a cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Bake @ 375 degrees F for 10 minutes and golden brown.  When cooled, Cream frosting ingredients together, frost and arrange fruit.
Variation:  these can be made in small round mini pizza's.  I also drizzle chocolate sauce over the top of the fruit.  I have also used brownie dough instead of cookie dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment