About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Diva's Grandad Dales Divinity

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Grandad's Divinity
Inspiration:  another one of Grandad's recipes he made in the sugar factory lab during campaign.  It takes patience's but well worth it.
Ingredients:
2 egg whites
2-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
Beat egg whites in a large glass bowl until stiff and set aside.  Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a large saucepan.  Cook to a thin stage (230 degrees F) and pour 1/2 syrup over egg whites; stirring constantly while pouring.  Cook remaining syrup to a hard stage (260 degrees F).  Pour over other mixture and beat until it forms a stiff peak and add nuts and vanilla.  Drop by teaspoon's on waxed paper.

Variation:  



No comments:

Post a Comment