About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Diva's Jakee Frozen Doggie Bones

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Frozen Doggie Bones
Inspiration:  My Golden Lab Jakee loves popcycles and fruit of any kind.  I have a doggie mold I use for his treats but ice cube trays work just fine too.  They are wonderful on a hot day.
Ingredients:
Chicken Surprise
2 cups Chicken or Beef Broth
pinch of cheese
________
1 cup of fruit of your choice
1/2 cup low~fat yogurt
1/2 cup juice or water
Instructions:


Mix broth and add to trays and add a pinch of cheese to each cube.
__________
Put fruit in blender puree; add juice and yogurt.
Variation: Pour into trays and freeze
Baby food works great too.  Some people use honey to sweeten, but I am diabetic and Jakee gets sugar free without the sweetener Xylitol.  It's not good for them.


Other things that are not healthy for pooches:
grapes or raisins
chocolate
Macadamia nuts or walnuts
garlic
tea or coffee
alcohol
mushrooms
mustard seeds
onions or onion powder
yeast dough
also make sure to use common sense, esp if your doggie has allergies.



No comments:

Post a Comment