About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Diva's Sweet Turkey Dressing

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
 Sweet Turkey Dressing 



Inspiration from:  Grandma Margaret always made 2 types of dressing during the holidays.  Grandad always insisted on his sweet dressing too.  We had a huge apple tree and they were plentiful and tasty.


Ingredients
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
4 cups chopped apples, peeled

2 cups raisins
1/2 cup water
1 cup apple cider
1 stick butter
8 cups cubed bread, day old
2 TB sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt

Directions

In a skillet, saute the celery and onion in 2 TB butter; transfer to a large bowl. Add the apples, raisins, bread, sugar and salt. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cider, remaining butter and water. Pour over bread mixture and toss lightly. Stuff into the turkey and bake or you can put it in a casserole dish and bake.

Variations
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment