About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Diva's Almond shortcake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Almond shortcake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce
Inspiration:  I love Strawberries and Rhubarb
Ingredients:
2~3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup milk
3 TB sugar
3 TB margarine or butter, melted
2 TB slivered almonds


additional sprinkle of: milk and sugar
_____________
Sauce:
3 cups cut~up Rhubarb
2 cups Strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 TB water
2 TB cornstarch
2 TB cold water

Instructions:
Heat Oven to 425 degrees
Grease round pan 9x1~1/2 inches
Mix baking, 1/2 cup milk, 3 TB sugar and maragrine until a soft dough forms.  Pat in bottom of pan and brush with milk.  Sprinkle sugar and almonds over the top.  Bake for 15~20 minutes or until light brown.  Remove from pan, cool and cut into wedges.  Split horizontally and fill and top with sauce.  Top with whipped cream.
______________
Sauce:
Heat Rhubarb, sugar and 1 TB water to a boil in a 2~QT saucepan.  reduce heat.  Mix cornstarch and cold water to a paste.  Stir in Rhubarb mixture.  Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until Rhubarb is tender.  Cool sauce and add Strawberries.  Top with cool whip.

Variation: Can be topped with any fruit of your choice
Sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in refrigerator.  
Yield serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment