About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Diva's Hot German Potato Salad

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Hot German Potato Salad
Inspiration:  My Step-mother Judi use to always make this when I was growing up.  It's a yummy twist to regular potato salad and served hot.  Also a great alternative to a side dish.
Ingredients:
6 potatoes
6 slices bacon
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2cup white wine vinegar
2 TB Parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop up. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.  Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.  Add bacon & potatoes to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt, pepper and parsley. Serve hot.

Variation:  Yields 6 servings.  I cook 1 potato per person.
some people add onions also.


No comments:

Post a Comment