About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Diva's Guacamole Dip

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Guacamole dip
Inspiration:  this recipe was given to me by a lady in Scottsbluff, NE years ago.
Ingredients:
3 large avocados
1 garlic clove
1/2 onion
1 small jar picante sauce
salt to taste
Instructions:
Peel and pit avocados (save the pits), put in food processor with garlic and onion; puree.  Put in a bowl and mix in picante sauce and salt to taste.  Stir well.

Variation:  If not served right away, put the pits in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.  The pits will help the dip from turning brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment