About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diva's Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Inspiration:  I love sweet and sour and this is great for parties.
If someone speaks evil to you, Live so that none will believe it.
Ingredients: 
2 lbs ground beef
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 TB soy sauce
2 TB salad oil
1 tsp minced garlic


Sauce
1 TB corn starch
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 13oz can pineapple tidbits
1 cup celery, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
Instructions: 
Mix meat ball ingredients well in a large bowl except for oil.  Make into balls; about the size of walnuts.  Brown in oil on both sides.
In the meantime; Mix sauce ingredients in a large roasting pan and cook on the stove till smooth.  Add meat balls and cook on simmer for about an hour. 

Variation:  When cooking for a crowd, I put this recipe in a crock pot on low to keep warm and serving.  Can cook rice to serve this over.


No comments:

Post a Comment