About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Diva's Twice-Baked Garlic Potato

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Twice-Baked Garlic Potato
Inspiration:  This is another recipe that Grandma Sarah had tucked away in one of her cookbooks.  I added the garlic part...
Ingredients:  4 baking potatoes
2 oz reduced-calorie cream cheese
(cut into cubes & soften)
2 TB chives
1/2 TB minced garlic
1/4 tsp basil
dash of salt and pepper
4 TB skim milk
paprika
Instructions:
Poke potatoes with a fork and Bake 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly.  Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and gently scoop potato out of skins. Set skins aside.  Put potato pulp into a medium mixing bowl and add cream cheese, garlic, chives, basil, salt and pepper.  Beat til smooth.  Add milk a TB at a time and beat til fluffy.  Spoon or pipe mixture back into shells and sprinkle with paprika.  Place on baking sheet, cover loosely with foil and Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.

Variation:  Yields 8 servings.
98 calories, 18g carbs, 2g fat
Can be topped with cheese or bacon but remember to adjust your calories, carbs and fat.



No comments:

Post a Comment