About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Diva's Double Chocolate Walnut Torte (made with a brownie mix)

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Double Chocolate Walnut Torte
Inspiration: Easy recipe with a boxed mix brownie of you choice. I love chocolate!
Ingredients:
1 box fudge brownie mix that will make a 13 x 9
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


icing:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Instructions:
Prepare the boxed brownie mix according to the package. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts.  Pour into a greased 9" springfoam baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.


In a small bowl stir all icing ingredients til smooth and spread over torte and sprinkle with walnuts.


Variation: Yields 10 servings
You can use a different type of nuts like almonds if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment