About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Diva's Stir Fry

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Stir Fry
Inspiration:  This recipe was given to me by my good friend Marcy Jo back in the 80's.  It is her mom's recipe. She lived across the street from us in Gering, NE and our kids played together.
Ingredients:
1~1/2 lbs beef or chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 TB minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1 small green bell pepper, cut up
1 small red bell pepper, cut up
1 head broccoli, cut up
2 stalks celery, cut up
2 carrots, cut up
1/2 mushrooms, cut up
1 8oz can water chestnuts, cut up
1~1/2 TB cornstarch
2 cups water

Instructions:
Cut up meat, cutting across grain in 1/8 inch pieces.  Combine soy sauce, garlic and ginger in large bowl.  Toss in meat and set aside.
Prepare vegetable.
Heat oil in large frying pan or wok.  Add meat and cook til not pink anymore. Add vegetables and toss until done but crisp. (about 10 mins)
Mix cornstarch with water and add to meat and veggies and stir until thickened.

Variation:  Serves 6
You can make the onions cut up, but I minced them to mask that they were there since my kids didn't like onions.
Can be served over rice or oriental noodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment