About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diva's Whiskey Sauce

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Whiskey Sauce
Inspiration:  I got this from a lady I worked with at Delphi.  She was from New Orleans and said they serve it over any kind of bread pudding there.  I love this over ice cream myself.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TB half N half
2 TB butter
2 TB whiskey
Instructions:
Combine brown sugar, half n half and butter in small saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to a light boil and cook, stirring occasionally 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.

Variation:  serve warm, makes approx 1/3 cup sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment