About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Diva's Lasagna with home made Tomato Pasta Sauce

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Lasagna
Inspiration:  I use my own home made tomato pasta sauce recipe for this.  If you had frozen quart bags ahead of time like my recipe says, makes it even easier.
Ingredients:
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 24oz cottage cheese
1 16 oz ricotta cheese
2 large eggs beaten
2~1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


2 Qt's of my Home made Tomato Pasta Sauce
Click here for recipe
Instructions:  Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Prepare noodles according to package directions.  Stir together in medium bowl; cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs and 1/4 cup pasta sauce.  Layer 4 equal parts in a 9x13 baking dish; 
Tomato Pasta sauce, noodles,  cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.

Variation: Serves 8
I sprinkle parsley and parmesan cheese over the top.


You can use store bought pasta sauce, but not nearly as good.



No comments:

Post a Comment