About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Diva's Pumpkin Bread

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Pumpkin Bread
Inspiration:  This came out of one of my Aunt's church cookbooks in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. 
This was inserted into one of the pages:
The recipes in this book may not have been tested in laboratories, but their success has been established by friends, relatives, by church and civic groups and the most critical of all--- Husbands and Family!
Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin
3~1/2 cups flour
1~1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 cup cooking oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup walnuts
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Pour into well greased and floured bread loaf pans. (will make 2 large and 1 small loafs)


Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Variation: Yields 2 large + 1 small loafs


No comments:

Post a Comment