About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Diva's Ice cream Pie, Grasshopper style

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Ice cream Pie, Grasshopper style
Inspiration:  Nice minty dessert that is made low fat.
Ingredients:
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies)
2 TB butter melted
2 TB low fat milk
1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup green creme de menthe
2 TB white creme de cacao
1 8oz fat free cool whip
3 cups low fat vanilla ice cream, softened
2 tsp chocolate syrup
Instructions:
Combine crumbs & butter in a small bowl.  Press into 9" spring foam pan.
Chill
in a small microwave safe bowl, combine milk and marshmallow creme.  Microwave on high for 1 minute; stirring once.  Add creme de menthe, creme de cacao and whipped cream.  Stir to blend.
Remove crumb mixture from refrigerator and spread ice over the top.  Top with marshmallow creme mixture.  Freeze for 6 hours.  Just before serving, remove from pan and drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Variation:  Yields 12 servings.
234 calories, 40 carbs


No comments:

Post a Comment