About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Diva's Custard Bar's with Rhubarb

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Custard Bar's with Rhubarb
Inspiration:Rhubarb and custard, how can you go wrong with that combination.
Ingredients:
Crust;
1~1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
9 TB chilled butter, cut into small cubes
cooking spray
Filling:
1/3 cup flour
1~1/2 cups sugar
1~1/2 cups low fat milk
3 large eggs
5 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2" pieces
Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup cool whip
Instructions:  Pre~heat oven 350 degrees F. 
Crust:  Combine 1~1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cups sugar, and salt into a bowl. Cut in butter to make a pastry consistency and put in 13 x 9 baking dish which has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 15 minutes til golden brown.
Filling:  combine 1/3 cup flour and 1~1/2 cups sugar in large bowl.  add milk and eggs.  Whisk til blended.  Stir in rhubarb.  Pour over crust and bake an additional 40 minutes until set.  Cool to room temp and prepare topping.  place 1/2 sugar, cream cheese and vanilla in bowl.  Beat at medium speed until smooth.  Gently fold cool whip into mixture and spread over custard.

Variation:  Yields 36 servings
130 calories per serving, 21 g of carbs, 4.2 g fat if you use low fat cream cheese.  You can use half low fat and half 1/3 less fat cream cheese to achieve this fat content.
You can also use other berries in this recipe for a substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment