About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Diva's Chocolate Oreo Truffles

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Chocolate Oreo Truffles
Inspiration: Who can go wrong with chocolate and Oreo's!!!  And I love Truffles too...
Ingredients:

1 16oz pkg OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided

1 8oz pkg PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

2 8oz pkgs BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
Instructions:

Crush 9 cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor; set aside for later use. (cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to a fine crumb; put in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about the size of a walnut.

Dip balls in chocolate and place on a cookie sheet with wax paper. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use or do what I do, dip strawberries.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator in a closed container.

Variation:  Yields 42 truffles.
Sometime I sprinkle with nuts or whatever strikes my fancy.


2 comments:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the information you offer on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
    EuroCave Adjustable Shelf -Performance Built-In & Compact Series -Beech

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll right away grab your rss as I can't find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.
    Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

    ReplyDelete