About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Diva's Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
Inspiration: Life is God's gift to us, what we make of it is our gift to God.
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2~1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar


1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
2 eggs


topping:
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 TB flour
2 tsp soft butter
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
Instructions:
Sift together dry ingredients and a large bowl.  Add melted butter and milk.  Blend on low speed, then beat 1~1/2 minutes on medium.  Add eggs and continue to beat for 1~1/2 minutes longer.  Pour 1/2 mixture into a well greased and floured 8" baking pan.  Combine brown sugar and flour.  Cut butter into mixture to form crumbs.  Add nuts.  Sprinkle 1/2 crumbs over dough, add remaining dough and then sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.

Variation: Yields 8 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment