About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Diva's Sheet Cake Cinnamon Brownies

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Sheet Cake Brownies 



Inspiration from:  This recipe was passed down to me by my step-mom Judi.  If you like cinnamon and chocolate, you will enjoy!


Ingredients
1 Cup water
1/2 Cup butter
1/4 Cup shortening

1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Cups flour
2 Cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 Cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Icing ingredients
1/2 Cup butter
6 TB buttermilk
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
16oz powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Directions

In a saucepan, combine water, butter, shortening and cocoa. Cook and stir until boiling.  Remove from heat.


In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Make a well and add hot cocoa mixture and mix until smooth.


Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.  Beat well.
Pour into a greased 15 1/2x 10 1/2 inch cookie sheet.


While that bakes, make the icing in a medium saucepan.  Combine butter, buttermilk and cocoa til butter is melted.  Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.  Stir well.


When brownies are done cool 10 mins and pour icing over the top.

Variations


Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment