About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Diva's Red Velvet Brownies for the one you Love

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Red Velvet Brownies
Inspiration: this recipe was given to me by one of my co-workers at Delphi.
Ingredients:
1 4oz bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1~1/2 cups flour
1 1oz bottle red liquid food coloring
1~1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt


cream cheese icing:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3 TB butter, softened
1~1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave chocolate and butter in large micro safe bowl; high 1~1/2-2 minutes or until melted; stirring every 30 seconds.  Whisk in sugar; add eggs 1 at a time until blended.  Gently stir in flour.  Add remaining ingredients; stir well.  Bake for 44-48 minutes.  Cool completely and frost with:
beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy.  Gradually add powdered sugar and salt.  Stir in vanilla.


Variation:  Yields 16 servings, Can be garnished with white chocolate curls.


No comments:

Post a Comment