About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Diva's Grandma Sarah's Cheesy hash brown's

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Diva's Grandma Sarah's 
Cheesy hash brown's
Inspiration:  Grandma Sarah liked to make these for big family gatherings or carry in's.  We would have our family gatherings in Grandma's basement which she always had a dinning table all set up; and fyi: She always had a decorated Christmas tree down there that she kept up all year long.  I love to watch the lights and I would spend the night on the couch and she would turn them on for me.
Ingredients:
2 lb shredded hash brown potato's, thawed
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup minced onions, optional
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
1 cup milk

Instructions: Put thawed hash brown potato's in a large bowl.  Add salt, pepper and onions.  Add shredded cheese and milk and stir.


Put in 9x13 very well greased baking dish and Bake approx 1 hour in a 350 degree F oven.

Variation: Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment