About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Diva's Vegetable Stew

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Vegetable Stew
Inspiration: Nice for the winter cold months and a no meat recipe.
Ingredients:
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped parsnips
1 med leek, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp salt


3 TB cornstarch
3 TB water
Instructions: 
Add all ingredients except cornstarch and water to crock pot.  Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until veggies are tender.
Mix cornstarch and water and gradually add to crock pot until well blended.  Cover and cook and additional 20 minutes on high, stirring occasionally until thickened.
Variation: Yields 8 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment