About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Diva's Baked Apple dumplings

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Baked Apple dumplings
Inspiration:  I like tart apples to make these.  Always had plenty of apples growing up in Nebraska.
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
6 apples, cored & halved


SYRUP
2 cups brown sugar
4 TB butter
2 cups water


cinnamon
nutmeg
Instructions:
Sift together first 3 ingredients and cut in butter.  Gradually add milk until dough is dry enough to roll out.  Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut into 12 squares. Place a half apple on each and press to seal edges around the apple.  Place in shallow baking dish.


SYRUP
Cook the brown sugar, butter and water in a heavy saucepan. Boil 2 mins.  Pour over apples and top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.

Variation: Yields 12 servings
Can be served warmed with a scoop of ice cream.
Some people add raisins on top of the apple before sealing.



No comments:

Post a Comment