About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Diva's Strawberry Salad


Diva’s Memories of Recipes
This was painted by Mr Kepart for my Dad, Glen Zemanek
This was the old location on East Overland by the sugar factory


  Strawberry Salad 



Inspiration from:  This was made in my father's Deli at his grocery store, Alexander's Super Market, in Scottsbluff, NE.  The store is no longer there.  It closed in the early 90's.  My Grandma Margaret and I perfected the recipe.  My kids request Strawberry Sh**. LOL


Ingredients
16 oz tub of Cool Whip
1 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp
1 3 oz of strawberry jello


2 cups strawberries

Directions

In a large bowl, mix cream cheese til its broke up into curds with a mixer.  Add strawberries and mix a together.  Fold in cool whip and jello.  


Variations


This is a very simple recipe.  You can use a bag of frozen strawberries, drained.

Will Serve 8 people

Old Alexander's Super Market is now a car lot...Memories

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment