About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Diva's Hamburger Hobo's on the Grill

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Hamburger Hobo's on the Grill
Inspiration:  My best friend at the time my kids growing up, Marcy Jo, taught me to make these. We did everything with her and her 2 boys til we moved away from Western Nebraska. My kids love them and they are so easy!
Ingredients:
this is for each Hobo;
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 potato
1 carrot
2 slices onion
ketchup
salt
pepper
2 12" pieces of foil
pam spray
Instructions: 
Make hamburger patty and place on 1 sheet of pam sprayed tin foil.  Top with veggies, ketchup and salt & pepper.  Fold foil wrap around Hobo.  Flip over and place on another layer of foil and wrap again.


Grill 1/2 hour on each side.
Variation:  I use all kinds of veggies of choice and sometimes use different kinds of sauces.  Can also be baked in the oven for 1 hour on 350 degrees F.


I have also made these ahead of time and taken them camping.


No comments:

Post a Comment