About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Diva's Stawberry Jam

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Momma's Strawberry Jam
Inspiration:  I have been canning my own goods for the past 30 years.  This jam is always a request for me to make.
Ingredients:


2 Qts, hulled & crushed Strawberries
(10 cups whole)


2 TB lemon juice
6 cups sugar
Instructions:
Put Strawberries in an 8qt stock pot.  Add lemon juice and sugar and bring to a slow boil; stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.  Cook rapidly to the jell pint or until thick. Approx 25-30 minutes.  Stir frequently to prevent sticking.  Remove from heat and skim with a metal spoon to remove foam.  Quickly ladle into clean hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 inch for headspace and seal. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

Variation: Yields 4 pints
Sometimes I make half strawberries & half rhubarb


No comments:

Post a Comment