About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake

Diva’s Memories of Recipes

Title: Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake
Inspiration: a co-worker of mine use to bring this to work, the pan always went home empty with her:)
Ingredients:

1 cup Coca Cola (the real thing, can't do diet...)
1/2 cup oil 
1 stick butter
3 Tablespoon cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla


Frosting:
1 stick butter
3 Tablespoon cocoa
6 Tablespoon of cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar

Instructions:

In a saucepan, mix Cola, oil, butter and cocoa and bring to a boil. In another bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Pour the boiling Cola mixture over the flour mixture and beat well. Stir in the eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla & beat well. Pour mixture into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees or 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan. Cool for about 10 minutes before frosting.

Frosting: 
In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa, and milk. Heat until the butter melts. Beat in the remaining ingredients and spread on the cake while it's still warm. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment