About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Diva's Peanut Butter Fudge

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Peanut Butter Fudge



Inspiration from:  I have been making this Awesome Fudge since I was 12 years old.  My Aunt Polly helped me learn how to make fudge when I would visit her for the summer's in Reno, NV.  She was an incredible women. At the time she passed at the age of 102 in 2005, they found this recipe in her kitchen still written on a piece of paper in my hand writing.


Ingredients
3 Cups sugar
3/4 Cup butter or margarine
2/3 Cup evaporated milk

1 12oz bag of peanut butter chips

1 7oz jar marshmallow cream
(I prefer Jet-Puffed)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions

Mix butter, sugar and milk in large heavy saucepan.  Heat to 230 degrees F on a candy thermometer.  Bring to a rolling boil, make sure you stir constantly for 4-5 mins.


Remove from heat.  Stir in peanut butter chips until melted.  Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla and stir til it loses its gloss.


Spread into a 9x13 greased pan.  Cool to room temperature and cut into squares.


Variations

Yields 1 pound

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment