About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Monday, December 26, 2022

Mouth-watering Biscuits

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
Biscuits
Inspiration:  Rutz Family cookbook, by Ruth Hopkins
Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup milk
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
Instructions:
Mix dry ingredients.  Add butter and mix until consistency of cornmeal.  Add milk and beaten egg.  Put out on counter and knead 5 times.  Roll or pat out to 1/2 inch thick.  Cut with a biscuit cutter and water glass.  Put on greased baking sheet.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 mins.

Variation:  Great with my Diva's gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment