About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oh Grandma, I think I stunk...

I don't remember how old I was, but my beautiful Mom and Grandma Sarah took me on a road trip to Iowa.  They had the biggest baddest Corn EVER.  We went to visit which I remember his name being Uncle Crumb and Aunt Vera.  She was my Grandpa Alvin's sister.

Grandma and Mom took turns driving across Nebraska into Iowa over what seemed to be years for just a little young girl.  The car appeared HUGE because I got the backseat to myself and kept peeking over the seats to my Awesome traveling companions.

From what I remember, at 1 time we broke down close to a small town near Hastings, NE.  We were on our way to visit Aunt Vera and Uncle Crumbs daughter Lottie in Juniata. Why I remember such things as a child and not my growing years is beyond me...

We were driving along and I smelled this horrific smell and I think my Mom was sleeping and I whispered to Grandma.... OMG Grandma, I think I stunk!!!  Being a young babe... it was suppose to be I smelled a Skunk!!! LOL It has been a joke for year's to say I think I stunk!!!

I remember Crumb taking me for a car ride so we could walk through the humongous corn fields.  I remember a front porch where I sat in the humid air with my Mom.  We also visited a flower field as to what I thought at that age, It had to be where the flowers were born. Gorgeous flowers after flowers... amazing what children think of when they see things like that.

Shenandoah, Iowa, the city with energy…..a beautiful garden city with renewable fuels production and plenty to energize the spirit….recreation, shopping, dinning and more. Shenandoah… it’s not only a progressive place to work & live, it’s the wonderful feelings you’ll experience when you visit friendly Shenandoah, Iowa!

Shenandoah is a progressive bustling community full of entrepreneurs, industry, opportunity, gardens, art, and friendly people. Its unique shops and restaurants have made it the retail hub of southwest Iowa. It's a safe place to raise a family with a top notch school system and is filled with recreation, attractions, and activities for all ages. Its low cost of living, extensive healthcare including a new VA Clinic, and relaxed lifestyle also make it a great place to retire. Shenandoah's growing population of over 5,500 is small enough to escape the hassles of the big cities, yet close enough to metropolitan areas and airports for convenience. In the past it's been the home of the famous singing Everly Brothers and Blackwood Brothers, and nursery giants like Earl May, Henry Field and many more.
I remember going to the hospital with Mom and Grandma to visit Crumbs wife, Aunt Vera... God rest her soul.  but I can remember what the flowers represented... Something I have carried into my adult life as Wonderful! My love for gardening, my love for flowers and my love for my Grandma Sarah and Mommy Marge.  A smell, a field, and one of the most wonderful trips of my life with MY MOMMY AND MY GRANDMA... thank you ladies but...

Oh Grandma, I think I stunk!!!

My Mom,  always the goof!  picture taken in the 60's


My Grandma, Gorgeous all her years



Mom in the Iowa corn fields


Aunt Inez and Aunt Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment