About Me

My photo
I was raised by my father (God rest his soul) in the valley of Nebraska. The background picture is of the Scottsbluff National Monument I took on a trip home... Thank Goodness I had Czech & German Grandmother's and Aunt's who taught me how to cook, sew and overall be the most giving person ever. The lady in this picture is my Aunty. She passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago. and was a huge influence on who I am and how I love. She and My Best Friend inspired this blog... I don't want anything to be forgotten!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Diva's Meringue Cookies

Diva’s Memories of Recipes
  Meringue cookies  



Inspiration from:  I have been making these for years.  My daughter could eat the whole batch.  They are low fat too and have 10 calories per cookie.


Ingredients
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 C sugar or 3 oz of jello of your choice


Directions

Cover 2 cookie sheets with foil and set aside.  Beat eggs and cream of tartar until foamy.  Add sugar or jello 1 TB at a time and beat til stiff and glossy.  Drop a dollop from a teaspoon on to the lined cookie sheets.  

Bake 250 degrees for 45 mins. 

(Start watching them at 30 mins, they should be golden on top) Turn oven off and leave in oven for 1 hour to dry.  Cool completely and remove from cookie sheet.


Variations


Yields:  36 cookies

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment